Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Thoughts

Before beginning this course on gifted education, I honestly had no idea that it was not offered in all schools. I was in the Gifted and Talented Program (G/T), as it is called in Fauquier County, VA, from early elementary school until late high school when I had moved past its offerings and into the Advanced Placement classes. My sister was also in the program and had many of the same teachers that I did.

I think we were both lucky to have gone to school in an area where gifted education is deemed important enough to have in the schools. She and I have talked about our G/T experiences recently and only have positive things to say about them.

Some of my friends are extremely intelligent and display creativity that astounds me, yet they grew up in areas where gifted education was not offered. I never thought I would be the type of person to say, "I want to live where there are good schools," but after learning more about gifted education, I would consider living in an area with a gifted program a priority.

No comments: